- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK for 8 HOURS PRIOR to your scheduled procedure (not even water). No exceptions.
- You must have a responsible adult (over the age of 18) accompany you to your appointment, wait for
you in the office during the procedure, and DRIVE YOU HOME. A responsible adult should remain at
home with you for several hours following your procedure.
- If a patient eats or drinks within 8 hours of the scheduled procedure or does not have a responsible
adult to drive them home, then we’ll be required by law to cancel and reschedule the procedure. (Please
see below for the “cancellation fee”).
- Wear a short sleeved shirt to your procedure.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or fingernail polish on the day of your surgery.
- Remove all jewelry, including ear, nose, and tongue piercings.
- Stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory pain medication 7-10 days prior to surgery
TO ALL PATIENTS:
The following is a list of instructions you should be aware of prior to your procedure. Please read and follow
- If you have an artificial heart valve, congenital heart defect, joint implants, diabetes or any other serious
illness, then please let us know before your scheduled procedure.
- If you develop a cough, cold, or flu symptoms, then please inform us before your scheduled procedure.
- Minors (less than 18 years) must have a parent or legal guardian present.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT A FEE EQUALLING 50% OF YOUR ESTIMATED TREATMENT PLAN WILL BE
ASSESSED FOR CANCELLING OR RESCHEDULING A PROCEDURE WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE
SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. THIS FEE IS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE AND WILL THUS BE AN
OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE.
If you have any questions about your surgical procedure or your recovery from surgery, please contact (541) 382-7981